MAKING THE MOST OF WHAT YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN
“Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.”
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
1. God _______________ you with specific talents and abilities to help people.
“For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property.” Matthew 25:14 (ESV)
“Christ gave those gifts to prepare God’s holy people for the work of serving…” Ephesians 4:12 (NCV)
2. God will hold you ________________________ to what He’s given you.
“Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.” Matthew 25:19 (ESV)
TYPES OF “SPIRITUAL” GIFTS
(1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Romans 12:6-8, Ephesians 4:11-13, Hebrews 2:4)
_____________ gifts: governments, giving, mercy, helps, pastoring
_____________ gifts: faith, word of knowledge, discerning of spirits, miracles, speaking in tongues, interpretation of tongues, healing, word of wisdom, prophecy
_____________ gifts: evangelism, exhortation, teaching, apostleship, ruling/leadership
HOW DO I DISCOVER WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME?
1. Ask ____________________________ questions.
“Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that.” Galatians 6:4a (The Message)
* Where have I seen _______________ in my life that other people have confirmed?
* What do I really ________________ doing the most?
2. Volunteer for ___________ opportunities…but try ___ opportunity at a time
HOW DO I HELP PEOPLE WITH WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME?
1. Enjoy ________________________________
“The man who received the $5,000 began immediately to buy and sell with it and soon earned another $5,000. The man with $2,000 went right to work, too, and earned another $2,000.” Matthew 25:16-17 (The Living Bible)
To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given…But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away. Mt 25:29 (NLT)
2. Enjoy ________________________________
“He gave $5,000 to one, $2,000 to another, and $1,000 to the last-dividing it in proportion to their abilities…” Matthew 25:15 (The Living Bible)
3. Enjoy ________________________________
“You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much.” Mt 25:21 (ESV)
4. Enjoy ________________________________
The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant…Let’s celebrate together!’ Matthew 25:21 (NLT)